Choosing A Social Media Platform To Promote Your Small Business: LinkedIn
Ultimately, it is your choice where you invest your time and money when it comes to marketing your small business online.
At ORP.ca, experience has shown that focusing on two and no more than three social media platforms works best, primarily because that allows you to get to know your audience and generate content that will appeal to them.
But how do you choose which platforms to use when it seems like a new one appears every month? By learning more about the individual social media sites, their key demographics and seeing if they match your business goals.
May 5th, 2023, marked the 20th anniversary of the start of LinkedIn. As of December 2021, Microsoft, LinkedIn's parent company since 2016, reports that the is has over 875 million members.
Although it does not receive the press coverage of Facebook and Twitter, it could still be an important part of your digital marketing toolkit.
Because people do not hear about it much, many wonder if LinkedIn is still a relevant platform for small business owners to promote their products or services.
So what is LinkedIn? LinkedIn is primarily an online networking site for professionals. It offers valuable elements and tools for small businesses, such as creating company pages, targeted advertising and networking opportunities with professionals in their own industry.
LinkedIn also offers various tiers of membership, from free to paid, depending on a variety of additional features you may or may not find helpful. We currently have a Premium account but did fine with a free account for years. For more information about the differences in accounts, you can visit LinkedIn's web article by CLICKING HERE.
LinkedIn can be a valuable platform for promoting your small business for several reasons:
- Professional Networking: As stated above, LinkedIn is a dedicated professional networking platform that allows you to connect with business professionals across a wide range of industries, including potential clients, partners and industry influencers. By promoting your small business on LinkedIn, you can expand your professional network and create valuable connections that can lead to business opportunities.
- Targeted Audience: LinkedIn has a user base that consists primarily of professionals, executives, and decision-makers. That makes it an ideal platform to reach your target audience, especially if your business caters to other companies or professionals. You can use LinkedIn's advanced search filters to identify and connect with individuals or groups that align with your business objectives.
- Thought Leadership and Brand Building: LinkedIn offers a range of content-sharing options, including articles, posts, and multimedia content. By consistently sharing valuable and insightful content related to your industry or niche, you can establish yourself as a thought leader while building your brand's reputation. Doing this can help attract potential customers and will differentiate your small business from your competitors.
- Advertising Opportunities: LinkedIn provides advertising options that allow you to target specific demographics, industries, job titles, and more. By using LinkedIn's advertising platform, you can create targeted ad campaigns to reach your ideal client. These ads can help increase brand visibility, drive traffic to your website, and help generate leads for your small business.
- Recruitment and Talent Acquisition: LinkedIn can be an effective tool for recruiting top talent if your small business is looking to expand its team. The platform provides features like job postings, company pages, and employee testimonials that can help attract qualified candidates. By showcasing your company culture and values on LinkedIn, you can also establish your business as an attractive employer brand.
Remember to make the most of LinkedIn for promoting your small business. It's essential to create a compelling and professional profile, engage with your connections regularly and provide useful content to resonate with your target audience.
Need help developing or implementing a digital marketing strategy to grow your business? Fill out the form today to schedule your free consultation.
Macready, H. (n.d.). 47 LinkedIn Statistics You Need To Know In 2023. Hootsuite.com. Retrieved June 11th, 2023, from https://blog.hootsuite.com/linkedin-statistics-business/