Top Ten Types of Content Your Ideal Client Is Looking For Before They Buy From You
Right now, someone is on your website looking for a reason to purchase from you.
That reason could be price, your products or services, but more and more, people are visiting websites looking for content that gives them reasons to buy from you.
Social media has changed how people make purchasing decisions. One big change is that the average person is looking for some way to connect with the people they buy from. Relatability is sometimes a bigger factor than price.
Big corporations get this, and that is why McDonalds (as just one example) spends so much time and money creating warm, fuzzy feelings with customers. They have huge budgets to do this with.
If you're reading this article then it's likely that you do not have Mickey Ds marketing budget.
The least expensive, and most accessible way to increase or strengthen relationships with customers is by creating a variety of different types of content.
Here are the Top Ten Types of Content Your Ideal Client Is Looking For Before They Buy From You:
- Blog posts - It seems like a no-brainer, but telling people about industry trends, why things are changing and the benefits of new products/services in a short series of articles is easy for most people to create.
- White Papers - Have you had an exceptional situation you’ve dealt with lately? Maybe a client that had great results with your product or services? Write it up and offer it as a free download on your website. Of course, you need to make sure you get their contact info first.
- Email Newsletters - Regular newsletters that keep clients and prospects in the loop is still a great way to build loyalty.
- Brochures - Have you just created a brochure or rack card to promote a specific part of your business? Get an e-version of the document and add it to your website as a clickable download. Adds content, saves on printing and is environmentally friendly.
- FAQ’s - Everyone has questions they are regularly asked, and with that comes the answers you have prepared. Write ‘em up and post them on your site.
- How-To-Guides - Like white papers, these documents should be be made available to those who are willing to signup for your newsletter or some other way they give you their contact details. And clients. Don’t forget to make them available to clients. Especially through a Registered Clients section of your website.
- Online Video - Most businesses still do not use video in their marketing. And that’s a shame as video is by far the most popular type of content available today. It's getting easier and easier to create yourself as well. If you have a mobile phone, you also have a video camera. Both Apple and Google have an abundance of video editing apps for all ability levels.
- Client Reviews - Simply put, get testimonials and post them on your Facebook page, LinkedIn page and especially your website.
- Photo Galleries - Given how easy it is to take reasonable pictures with your phone, your business websites, social media pages as well as Flickr and Instagram accounts should be filled with them.
- Lists - By reading this far you’ve proven the value of lists as content in your business website.
So there you have it. the Top Ten Types of Content Your Ideal Client Is Looking For Before They Buy From You.
Recently, I read an article with 101 types of content for your website. I whittled this down to the Top 10 types of content I thought would be easiest to create, and that are by far the most popular. No sense creating it if no one wants to see it.
Knowing who you are selling to (or trying to sell to) and learning more about what they want will help you save time, and resources so that you get the right content into your online presence as quickly as possible.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about digital marketing when you are starting or growing your business.